2023 Family Activities
Celebrate everything fermented with the whole family. Kids 12 and under enter FREE!
11am – 5pm, Saturday, January 14
- Photo Booth – Strike a pose, make a face, have fun! Our festival Photo Booth is an opportunity to be a child again, or to capture fermentation festival memories for a lifetime.
- Gnome Hunt – recently over 10 gnome families have moved onto the Ashland Hills Hotel grounds. Go around to find doors that lead to their hidden homes.
- ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum – will offer hands-on, fermentation-themed STEM activities on Saturday at the festival vendor expo. All the little scientists will have an opportunity to test conductivity via salt content of various fermented materials. Then, with a device called a Makey Makey, that allows you to play games online with controls of your own, kids will use different conductive fermented materials to make their own buttons to play the games. Don’t forget to stop by ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum, all weekend long and enjoy other STEM activities.
- Coloring Station – grab Crayons in your favorite colors and create your own jar full of fermented vegetables.
- Stop by La Fleur Bouquet booth and let them create for you and your girls a beautiful custom flower crown.
- Don’t forget to refuel at LUNA Café offering wonderful menu selection for the entire family, including pizzas, sandwiches, burgers, salads and house made desserts.
- Snow adventures on Mt. Ashland – book a Ski Package for the weekend of January 13-15